Saturday, June 3, 2017

New finds from China suggest human evolution probably of regional continuity

Chinese Academy of Sciences Headquarters
EurekAlert!
3 March 2017
(Link)

I didn't post on the important announcement of the Xuchang Crania back in March.  Ann Gibbon's reporting on the announcement, to me, was quite confusing, and had extraneous references to Denisovans which are not in the original press announcement.

I finally stumbled on the original press announcement from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, linked here, which is quite clear and easy to read (unlike Ann Gibbons Science Magazine write up).


Xuchang 1 Crania.  A.  superior view.  B.  posterior view.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have temporarily been turned off. Because I currently have a heavy workload, I do not feel that I can do an acceptable job as moderator. Thanks for your understanding.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.